About Me

My photo
I've been inspired to start a blog by all the other bloggers and youtubers out there. I enjoy reading, watching and learning and want to give something back.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Aged Whine

So tomorrow is my 27th birthday (I posted this a few days late).  I'm not or have I ever been one of those ladies who is afraid or ashamed to admit her age.  The only problem I have with my birthday is now I'm starting to think 'I'm about to be 27 and I am so behind'  I do my best to shun these thoughts that are only depressing and heavy.  Things pop in my head like I haven't finished getting a degree, I haven't even decided on a degree!  I only live in a studio and I struggle weekly to make sure things get paid and that I have some me money every now and then.  I haven't traveled enough or to grand enough places.  I'm not married and I don't have any kids.  Yes, these are the crazy things that sometimes run through my head.
 
On the other hand I stop myself before I hyperventilate and think 'hey its cool, I've got plenty of time'.  I don't have a degree but I have plans to continue school and move up in my company.  I live in a small efficient studio.  Who needs to pay all that money in rent for a larger apartment just to store more junk?!  I struggle a bit from week to week, but oh well struggle builds character and having limited funds has encouraged me to be more mindful about the items that I buy.  Sure I haven't traveled the world but I do travel!  It's not where you go it's who you go with and how much fun you have.  I'm not married which only means that it is not yet time, and the same goes for children.
 
The point is that there is time!  Plus I'm learning to prioritize what is important to ME rather than live or do what society projects on me as acceptable for the age that I am.  Be happy where you are and learn to love these kinda young kinda still carefree days.

No comments:

Post a Comment