About Me

My photo
I've been inspired to start a blog by all the other bloggers and youtubers out there. I enjoy reading, watching and learning and want to give something back.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tri-Color Nails

So you want to save some money and do your nails yourself but don't want some plain basic nails? Here is an easy design anyone can do. You're going to need 2 colors plus a 3rd you will use a skinny brush with. I chose some sally girl colors since they are $0.99 each! I painted my entire nail in the color shy. Apply as many coats as needed and a top coat. Let this dry completely! Then use some tape and make a V shape. You can go as close to the nail bed as you desire. Mine are all a bit different you can be more precise if you choose. Then using your 2nd color paint the V (triangle) I used the color spoiled. I used two coats let it dry and then carefully removed the tape. Apply another layer of top coat. Then take your 3rd color with a skinny brush and outline where the 2 colors meets. This adds definition and a nail salon effect. Finish with your favorite top coat! Voila!

A top coat in between colors is important to avoid the colors from blending when you use your final top coat. Trust me I learned the hard way! My white lines turned pinkish and my pale color had traces of the dark color where the brush held the color.


This way pretty simple! The hardest part for me is not doing anything until your nails dry so you don't mess em up. Enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment