About Me

My photo
I've been inspired to start a blog by all the other bloggers and youtubers out there. I enjoy reading, watching and learning and want to give something back.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Retail Enviroment

So with being out on my own and having student loans and some credit card debt I decided to get a second job.  So now I cashier part time.  This isn't my first retail job but I've been out of it for about 5 years now and being back I have mixed feelings.

On one side I love being in the store and seeing all the deals first hand.  I love talking with different customers who don't mind giving their opinion on a product.  I like that it keeps me busy and I'm earning some extra money and getting a work out!

Now of course there are a few things I don't like.  Previously I wasn't a cashier I worked in a specific department so I dealt with people who had specific needs of which I could usually direct them.  So I've been cashiering for about 3 weeks minus a few days I spent computer training and here are some of the things that have happened that have drove me crazy!  1. I dropped a box of frozen pasteries, they were not damaged the box wasn't damaged they are freaking frozen!  They ride in a bouncy truck boxes get picked up and thrown into our freezer, boxes get thrown on carts to be put away and you have the nerve to tell me you'll be getting a new box....like really?!  2. I'm ringing this lady out and she asks me if we have some specific meatball, I informed her that I wasn't sure I had just started.  'Well can you ask someone?' I know I gave her a dirty look!  In my head thinking, woman all them people out on the sales floor and you don't bother to ask any of them?  Instead you decide to wait untill you are ready to leave and have a line of people behind you to see about an item.  I asked, they didn't know about it either.  Then this lady started telling me you guys used to carry this why would you get rid of it?  Did you move it?  Seriously lady?  Did you not understand the first time when I said I just started and don't know. 

I just ask that you be mindful of the store employees.  We are not all rude idiots.  I always do my best to help but when I come in to be a cashier I can't tell you much about the product on the floor.  My job is to ring you up as quickly and nicely as I can which I do.  Cashiers most likely won't know about the things on the floor, just keep that in mind!  Thanks and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment